Monday, July 21, 2014

Sound of Music at MBS

I've watched the movie Sound of Music since young and know the
most of the songs by heart. Since the movie was something close
to me, I thought I should introduce to J too.. At first he hated it..
But as I was watching it over and over again, I guess the songs
kinda get to him and very soon, he also started singing to them..
Anyway all their songs are so original and beautiful and so
is Julie Andrews.. *gushing**

So when the musical finally came here, I had to go watch it..
We booked tickets for last saturday at 8pm at Mastercard Theatres
at Marina Bay Sands and we had a date with Lily and her gal.. 
Turns out her daughter is into musicals as well.. 

There's a NDP preview at Marina Bay that day while we were
walking to MBS. Somehow when the singapore flag was flown
across the sky along with the Apache and Chinook, the patriotic
spirit in me came alive.. The atmosphere was great, even though
we were just watching from the bridge.. We managed to catch
the F15 fighter jets zoomed past too and it was damn loud..

Beautiful skyline as the sun's setting in the background..

Lily was trying to chat with J but the boy was trying to be funny
and giving gibberish answers and talking real slang fast! =_=

Always making clown faces during selfie shots.. Zzzz...

We weren't allowed to take any pictures inside the theatre but
I just sneaked a shot at the ending scene when the cast was coming
out.. In my opinion, my best moment of the musical was when
the mother nun started singing, my god her voice was so powerful..
Musicals are so spontaneous and incredible and alive!
Love it max. When is my next one?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! :D