Monday, February 20, 2012

Singapore Flyer Feb 2012

When J was much younger, whenever we drove passed the sheares bridge, I would point out to him & said,"Look boi, circle!" So he will just repeat circle excitedly.. Afterwhich I decided to upgrade & tell him it's a ferris wheel.. And he managed to pronounce correctly too. I think Singapore flyer is too much of a mouthful to say out.. Oh well..



Finally, Roy managed to get some discounted tickets for the flyer & some hippo ride.. So we decided to check it out after J's class on sunday. I would prefer a night ride as I wanted to see all the lights but J might not appreciate that well. So a trial ride for now, if he enjoys it, we'll come again at night.

A very nice miniature of the Singapore flyer.
Decided to park at their carpark as it's the nearest. I'd rather spend the $$ on parking then having to walk all the way..

Along the way in, there're a lot of displays & explanations on the flyer, and it was a little dark. J clinged on to Roy like a monkey and refused to come down.

Just cannot get everybody's hands in the right actions.. Grrr...!

Waiting at the entrance of the flyer. It's not crowded that day, so we can afford to wait for a empty capsule & hopped in.


Mirror mirror on the wall, who has the smallest eyes of them all?? Hee..

When the ferris wheel started moving upwards, I gradually got spooked.. I have a fear of heights.. So I sit down a lot and pulled J close to me. Initially he will keep sitting down too but when he saw Roy going around taking pictures, he warmed up & started trooping around in the capsule.

They can just stand so close to the edge of the window.. I simply can't!

I stood behind J, my feet refusing to move any forward.. Scaredy Piddles.

I asked J to show me the peace sign.. His 3rd finger just refused to come out..

I think this place will be great once it's ready. I can't wait for the super trees to be up. Lotsa greenery is good!

Everything else look so small when we're at the top of the world.. :P

I've not been here before.. Hopefully I'll get lucky & let me get some tickets during NDP this year..

Just amazing to see how the hydraulic work inside the capsules that make the flyer turn 360 degree.. I could hardly feel anything inside besides the music & great view..

Spotting a mushroom hairstyle here..
J always must have his ezlink card with him whenever we're outside. When will he ever grow out of it?


Now that J is older, he's easier to manage when we bring him outdoors.. Maybe can plan a overseas trip soon.. Tokyo Disneyland!
He has a crooked fringe.. Cos he flinched a bit when I was cutting his hair before his bath.. Lol..

Spotting his goofy grin throughout the ride, I think he pretty much enjoyed the whole experience.. :D

Descending down.. This view looked so tropical.. You can see people walking along the coast & cycling on the road.. I haven't cycle for the longest time too..




Designated spot to take picture of the ferris wheel in the background. Just cannot make Jared to turn & look into my camera!

Overall, I should say it's quite enjoyable for me as well. From great heights, I can see there's really a lot of changes on the ground compared to just a few years ago. Singapore is changing so fast that it's kinda scary..

Praying very very hard that I'll strike big prize at toto, then I'll buy a small cottage in some angmo country and retired & rot there.. Who say I cannot dream?? *dream on***

2 comments:

  1. The shadowing part is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya.. and you were wondering what is J pointing to?
    Lol..

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message! :D