Saturday, April 16, 2011

Batam, March 2011

I've never been to Batam before, so decided to check the place out. See whether is it as sleazy as others have mentioned.


We took the ferry from tanah merah ferry terminal to Nongsapura on a sunday morning.


This was our ride from sin to batam, it's quite fast actually. Less than 30 mins to reach our destination. I didn't even get any seasick.



Their food was.. well, edible I guess.


We reached there early, and their checkin time's at 1400hrs, so we waited at a cafe in one of their shopping centre. Roy's reading the papers while I just checking out my camera and staring into space.


There's a lot of kids in the centre, all seated on the floor doing something.


Apparently, every kid has a little foldable table where they can set up to do their drawings on it. Neat!


There're more motorbikes than cars in this island. And most of them can sit a whole family like parents & 2-3 kids!


We stayed at Turi Beach Resort. Normally the first thing we'll do when we enter the room is to lay on the bed but I screamed at Roy not to cos I wanna take a picture of the bed, so he has no choice but to sit on the chair instead. Kee..


Maybe I should upgrade the bed in my bedroom to king size too. In that case, I don't have to fight for sleeping space with Roy. Not that I'm complaining, I usually gets my way.. :)


And there's a huge ass mirror on one side of the wall. Kinky..


Here's the bathroom, nothing special. No bathtub for me to soak my feet too.. -_-


View from the front door, overlooking the pool.


View of the room from the outside. Not bad right?


I suppose these are pool slippers.


Sitting in the front porch, looking out. Too bad we don't have beer and cigars in hand. Lol.


We saw someone lying on a hammock.


So we walked over to try too. Shiokness.


Lying down, looking out to the sea with wind blowing in your hair. Priceless.


But I was mindful on what's above me in case any coconuts decided to drop on my head. But it wouldn't have been too late to dodge too.. Praying very hard at that moment.


This resort was built on a hill, so you can see many of the buildings were on stilts.


Just lazing and sitting around. Not much crowd too..


Then we decided to take a walk to the jetty nearby.


This will make a nice background for photographs..


All the way out to sea. I added bluer sky to the picture, haha!


Tried the paranomic function. We're staying on the new blocks on the right.


Enjoying a strong sea breeze. I like this photo, maybe ask Roy to put as his profile pic.





Some guy doing parasailing. I'm just not that adventurous enough.. And it has nothing to do with age.. :P


Nightfall, noticed there's a lantern outside our room. Seemed like sounding out to others that we are in "business" or something.. -_-


Too bad nobody wants to take a dip in the pool at night. There're plenty of lights, even in the pool!







As it was a sunday night, there was not much crowd and we don't have to wait too long for the food to arrive.



The surfboard house was all lit up when we're walking back to the room, so pretty. We just relaxed and lazed around for the rest of the night watching HBO and also CSI. Just catching up on TV as we hardly get the chance to sit down at home to watch any shows due very occupied with J.


The next morning at the cafe. Normally we'll just sleep in but we don't want to miss the free breakfast..


I love my combination of runny scrambled eggs with ketchup. Reminded me of english breakfast in london.. Mann, I can eat the same thing everyday.. :)


So nice, I love it when everything is environmental friendly..


A couple taking a morning dip. But we were both too full & lazy to go for a swim.. Haaaa...


So we went for a stroll instead, waiting to checkout too.. Sometimes, doing nothing is also an enjoyment.


Relaxing by the poolside, with a good book in hand. A Really rare moment. When will I be able to do this again? *dream**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! :D