Thursday, June 24, 2010

Housewarming & chilling out

Piddles got a 2nd reminder that she has not update her blog. Arghh~
Kinda stressed and I hate to crack my brains to think how best I should write on my post. Maybe I should go singlish but like not setting a good example. What if next time J reads my blog?? Hahaha~
Wait, did I post any naked pictures of him? I hope not!!

So, Jack & wifey (who's already 5 months pregnant) shifted to Simei about 3 weeks ago and we're invited to a simple housewarming and homemade dumplings.

Leng & Pearl reached there earlier so that they can have a go at making the dumplings.
Jack's from Beijing so they're really into their dumplings, considering that as one of their staple food. They can like just have dumplings alone for lunch or dinner.. =_=III

But of course with different varieties and ingredients. Something new for us.

Took a picture of Lily taking pictures. Hey, it rhymes!

Jack's cutting up the winter melon to make melon soup with beef balls. Kinda nice!
But I think most of the soup was finished by Lindy. She's a soup person.

Football pitch pizza from PizzaHut. Crust too thick, don't like it.

Everybody's crowding around to make the dumplings but I don't wanna get my face & clothes full of flour. Haha!

Nicely done. Quite a distinct taste, the "liao" are nice but I find the skin too thick. Can only managed 2 pieces though. Daniel actually wolfed down more than 1o!!! @_@

Jack & wifey. Erm, Piddles & Roy wouldn't dare to display their pictures in their home though.. :P

And in one of the shelves, I found a small terrapin, its alive!
Everybody thought its fake though..

The rest have not arrived, so we took the 1st group shot.

Linda had a go at making the dumplings too. Looks too big to fit her mouth.

And it came in all shapes & sizes. Got curry puff one somemore.

The spread was simple yet heartwarming with homecooked food. Its nice!

And they quickly settled down for a round of mj. Who else!
My mj kakis. Actually have not played for quite a while, really missed that. And of course, the comforts of my study room, with aircon, music & sometimes green bean soup. :D
OB had a lucky hand, and he's the only winner that night. Grrr~~

Anyway, Roy came along & took over Nic and we finished 2nd round around midnight. By the time we reached home & showered, its already passed 2am. Mann, I was so tired the next day. Really no stamina for mj, must play more then. :)

So basically we just relaxed at home & chilling out. Roy even forgo his golf mann, so must be damn tired.
Had a craving for TB (toast box) so asked maid to handle J while we sneaked out to tampine one in the evening. Bought the book by Catherine Lim, A leap of love. That's after watching The Leap years the movie.

After finishing my laksa, proceeded to my peanut butter thick toast! A tad too thick though, would be perfect with another spread of thick butter. Oolalalaa!

Next to TB is this new cake shop called Icing Room. Lotsa girls crowding around, and some sissy guys.
You can choose any 3 sizes of the cake (vanilla, chocolate, lime) and toppings with 6 colours cream, 2 jellies & chocolate strips or something. Quite kawaii actually.

This is the smallest cake, think I can finish within a few mouthfuls.

I miss Mr Bean. Stoopid, all the good stores like Mr Bean & Toastbox all closed at the airport. But then again, I also don't really do lunch nowadays, another excuse to lose some fats then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! :D