Monday, January 16, 2012

Chinese New Year at Chinatown, Jan 2012

I'm seriously falling behind in my postings.. While I've posted these pictures on the actual date stated, I actually just started thinking what to write after 2 weeks later, on the 3rd day of CNY! I've been terribly busy, plus I took a week off to babysit J full time cos my folks went for a 5 days cruise.. =_=

More on that in the next post.. Hopefully soon!

I took time for Yong to accompany her to chinatown on 3rd Jan, before she flies back to Seattle. She misses the cny atmosphere very much..


Lightings along chinatown are not really a long stretch but they are striking enough to make you stop and admire the majestic display of the dragons..


It's the year of Dragon again.. After a 12 year wait..


It's well 2 weeks before the actual new year but everybody rushed there early to beat the weekend crowd.


Red, red..


And more red.. Luckily I quite like the colour red.. :P


There are 3 "dragons" here.. One on top, one Piddles & another one coming along this July.. :D


There's actually a Tintin shop in Chinatown!
Must bring my sis here..


Tintin has be a childhood comic for many of us.. I love him!


Too bad I don't have big vases at home if not, I'll love to bring home one of these..


These will make a good table display..
On 2nd thought, maybe not.. I don't wanna invite mozzies mann..


I'm trying to take pic of the red melon seeds cos they're my mom's favourite but they're not commonly available.. I guess these black ones will do..


From the back, I looked kinda big size next to Yong..
Even my ass looked bigger.. *Sad**
But from the front, it's another different story.. Lol..


Most of the sweets are free for sampling.. You just have to tell them what you wanna try & they'll open for you..


Not for these jelly or puddings though..


These mini oranges actually taste sweeter than the original ones..


Everything comes in mini sizes, including the pumpkins..
They are so widely used in occasions like Chinese new year, Halloween.. etc.. :P


The red lanterns are so alluring..


The dried foodstuff.
Yong cannot stand the smell.. I thought they're ok, except maybe the salted fish.. Haha!


Other than the usual pineapple lanterns, they now come in other varieties..


Orchids are more for display purposes rather than any auspicious meaning..


Even the cactus are not spared.. They have red dots on them.. -_-


The pussy willows always will have a special meaning to me.. at least..
They are so soft, tiny & nice to touch.. *wink**


I know Yong's very very happy that I went with her to chinatown, as you can see from her wide grin. :)

Missing you very much. And I hope you can finally come back to spend CNY with us next year.. It's payback time! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! :D