Friday, December 16, 2011

Little Vietnam in Joo Chiat

Ben's back in town so Yoyo arranged for a get together, have dinner somewhere to catch up.


It's a small group, just 6 of us. Easier to get a table & everybody can hear everybody. :)


OB wanted to try this authentic vietnam eatery near to a sleazy karaoke pub in joo chiat. This place was packed with their locals & most of the women were dressed in short short skirts.


The rest all had beer while I had my usual papaya milk.. Still working hard to increase boob size. :)


This seemed like a must try food. The ingredients was fresh.. But I'm not a big fan of mint. :P


All listening intently at what OB was saying..


Deep fried quails. I was commenting not sure if the dark quails will turn up in my photo, Yoyo then stuck out her thumb to give me some contrast. Lolololl..


Now this soup was the highlight. It tasted like tom yam soup but it's more fragrance & sourish. Fish was extremely tender & went very well with kang kong & mee hoon. Yoyo & I had a few servings of the soup, wondering what made the soup taste so good?
It's not until OB was scooping & looking for scraps that he found pieces of lard inside. Oh I see..
Now I feel guilty drinking so much soup.. @_@


Satisfied after dinner. We looked like some of "them" standing outside by the roadside.
Ben & David looked extremely funny in this picture, hahahahahaaa!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Ya the soup was super nice!

    (So were some of the scantily clad Viet Girls!)

    Heehee...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message! :D