Sunday, December 25, 2011

High tea at 10 Scotts

My very good buddy, Yong is back in town for 3 weeks. I've missed her so much!
She's been busy settling down and spending time with her family but we've managed to make some time for each other to catch up. So as promised, I've brought her out for high-tea.

My favourite english afternoon tea is at L'Espresso at Goodwood Park but the timings that day wasn't very accommodating so I sourced for another place. Decided to try out 10 Scotts at Grand Hyatt. I really wanted english tea style where they have scones & sandwiches available, easier for Yong as she is vegetarian. Plus, we are not entirely big eaters.. :P


10 Scotts is located on the lobby level and the set up somewhat resembles a big study room. I think as it's a weekday and wasn't crowded so we had the whole row of sofas to ourselves, with a nice view of the cascading waterfall in the background. What's tea without tea and tier of finger food. Of course there were other food available at the counters like dim sum, pastries, fruits etc. But that later..


Close up. I had to eat quite a number of the meaty stuff as Yong doesn't eat them.. Phew..!
And they were all available for refills, just let the server know which items you like to have again.


Jars of kaya, cream & strawberry jam and they were all freshly made.



I know we looked kinda orange-gy but I din bother to edit the photos..
I've known Yong for more than 10 years now, really took a lot of effort to remain close to each other specially she's been in Seattle for so long and we both have our own family and all but we did.. :)


Yong was at first dubious about the scones as she said those in the states were hard & plain but I assured her the ones here will be different.
So she's pleasantly surprised that they were warm & soft & sweet with plum raisins, so nice!


Yong had a lot of fresh strawberries & blueberries while I tried out their sweet delights..


I'm not a big fan of raspberries partly because they had so much of seeds! But I just had to take a closeup of this as it looked so cute & colourful.


I presumed this strawberry jam is homemade as it just taste so fresh & nice!
Forgot to ask if they are selling them or not..


The jam went very very well with the scones, we had a lot of them. I supposed it's considered healthy? :)

Overall, it's a nice experience, ambiance & food. Most importantly, it's the company that mattered most of course. We actually talked from 2pm all the way to 5pm, with intervals of fruits & pastries. Made our trip & money most worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! :D