Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bronchitis

Sorry I've lagged in post.. Cos J has been down with fever & cough for the couple of weeks.

Initially he started puking for a couple of times about 2 weeks ago on a wednesday, 27th Jul. I thought he might have a stomach upset so we went to the PD in tampines to get a anti-vomit capsule to stuff into his anal to stop the puking. Well, it stopped the puking but he had a slight fever after that. Took a day off on thursday to look after him. But gradually he recovered over the weekend.

Then around last week, during the national day week, we brought him out couple of times cos we need to do some shopping, and went ikea too. Revamped the study room a bit.


At ion orchard. This boy insisted on taking the national flag everywhere we went. And that day happened to be National Day, so it's not too silly.

Then he had a fever again on wed night. I took a day off on thursday again.. sigh.. Initially my mom blamed me for feeding him too much of the orange cod-liver oil, resulting in phlegm in his throat. Then she said I shouldn't be bringing him out shopping cos he just recovered around 2 weeks ago. Then she said again why am I bringing him out for walks downstairs as it's the 7th month now. But the best part was that she said J cannot attend baby's full month celebration. =_=

I decided not to argue back, I think that's the best reply. I know she dotes on J but now is not the time to find someone to put the blame on. What matters now is to help J ease his discomfort. Every time J falls sick, I will groan in misery cos he is a difficult patient. He will be so cranky and whine the whole night. Ended up the adults suffer as well, as we'll be up all night tending to him, monitoring his temperature & sponging him.

His fever lasted for 3 days before the cough broke out on saturday. Roy asked me if we should bring J straight to KK. I thought thru a while, this will be our 3rd trip to KK, izzit too exaggerating? But after seeing J coughing his lungs out, I got a bit worried. What if it's asthma? The thought sent me packing up his stuff up right away. I didn't even have the mood to eat my dinner. The crowd is building up slowly. We guessed others came only after dinner. KK is still the best place to consult for kids as everything is available here. The doc took blood test & xray to find out what's wrong. J has some wheezing in the chest so the doc prescribe 2 medicine inhalers for him, to quickly open up his swelling airways . He's so scared of the mask being forced down over his nose & mouth that he struggled like hell. Need 4 of us to pin him down. Sweated so much till his hair's wet and he was so tramatised that he even puked a little. Really heartpain mann..


At the waiting area, at one corner, awaiting the test results.


As expected, we have to wait for quite a while before they call J's name. He was so tired that he dozed off in Roy's arms. There're bits of stickers on his hand cos the nurses stuck on him while he was thrashing away during the inhaling. So even when he slept, his fingers are still busy.

Ok, results out. Doc noticed some phlegm in his lungs, some swelling in the airways but not serious enough to be warded to drain the phlegm out. She advised that this is very common among toddlers less than 5 years old cos their airways are still narrow. I'll have to avoid bringing him to crowded places for the time being in case he caught the viral again and praying hard that this won't happen in future as he grows older. As for attending school, guess I have no control over that. Hopefully other parents are responsible enough not to bring their sick kids to school then!

I'm tired. =_=

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! :D