Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This is a really old photo, dated back to 1948. They're my maternal grandparents and first 4 uncles. The rest of the 7 siblings were still on the way. I've never seen my grandpa before, he passed away in the early 60s i think. And my beloved granny, whom joined grandpa in heaven in Nov 09. I missed her so much. :(


So anyway, my uncles came over to catch up with my mom today, and she showed me this portrait when I reached home from work.
All along, my mom knows that her father & grandfather were from China, in a dialect group called "Liao Li". Little did she know, that her grandfather was actually a Korean, who went to China and became a magistrate in the palace. And he married her grandmother, a native from Shandong.
So that made Piddles' grandpa had 1/2, her mom 1/4 and her 1/8 of korean blood in them. Did she get her equations right?? Thanks to smarty Yong.. :)
A little known fact on Piddles' ancestors.. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! :D