Saturday, June 23, 2012

High tea at Shangri-La Rose Veranda

Yong has been quite busy with work and home affairs ever since she's back but she still managed to make a wee bit of time for me on monday, for my belated birthday treat.. :)

Previously I brought her to this place at 10 Scotts at Grand Hyatt so she asked me to suggest the place again so I decided to settle for Shangri La hotel in Orchard, have not been there since my wedding some 8 years ago. @_@ 

And I'm glad we did come here..

Nestled seclusively within orchard road, where presidents of the United States used to stay previously and still is, for the current President Mr Obama.
She's still looking like a grand old dame with her high ceilings and chandeliers, really have a lovely authentic feel to it.

I was most impressed with their exquisite cutlery with tulip motifs.
They may not be in their best condition, with some tiny chips but that's
what I love about them, the vintage look.. 

I am a small eater so I chose to select one piece of each item. And if it's nice I will refill again.. :)
They have quite a good selection of savouries, dim sum, light bites and even vegetarian meat..

I think they have over 101 varieties of tea available to choose from but my personally favorite is still the English Breakfast tea, also the english breakfast set, english high tea.. just anything english.. :P

I sounded to the server that Yong's a vegetarian, so she got the chef to specially prepare some vegetarian finger food for us, at no extra cost. How very thoughtful!

And around every hour, they will bring around a tray full of hot tea or sorbet asking the guests to try out, on the house.. :)

I love their old style decor, full of rich history. Makes me feel like back in the eighties.. Hope they don't go and upgrade or something, keep the vintage feel please?!

 
Yong & bb lying back and relaxing, basking in the warm sunshine & looking out into the greenery below.. If you're feeling the heat, feel free to draw the shades..

Patting her bump.. He has been kicking nonstop..('',)

Last to try was of course their dessert. The carrot cake, raspberry & chocolate mousse tasted the best among those that we took..
We were lazing back on the sofa and taking our time to chit-chat and refilling on our favorites.
What a great relaxing afternoon!

I find that red roses still make the best flower arrangements just because of her brilliant red.

Yong mentioned that she's kinda sensitive about people touching her belly, so I guess I must be one of the privilege few to be able to rub it.. Mama dragon rubbing baby dragon ok?! Lol..

I've been to quite a number of high teas but my personally favourite has to be Cafe L'Espresso at Goodwood Park Hotel simply because of her ambiance, I love anything with a rich history. Food to me is secondary but I must say they catered more to ladies as most of the food comes in light bites so it's not too filling. I will definitely go there again, one day..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message! :D