Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Reference Books for Toddlers

Ya, you heard me right.. I need some help to tame my J... Haiz..

Everybody who saw J's pictures over my blog will think he couldn't possibly be that naughty.. But he is! He is a real terror! He bullies granny and my maid! If he's unhappy or couldn't get things his way, he will throw a huge fit and slide down the floor and scream and shout until his demands were met.

My mum said he is exactly like me when I was young.. I was hard to manage and my mum had to send me to my granny's place cos she couldn't cope.. Like mother like son.. :(


My order arrived! I was soooo happy! *Hugs & Kisses**


I devour the books in hunger, starting with the cover in white, the happiest toddler on the block.. Ya, I was that desperate..
I just wanna find out from the experts, the minds of a 3-5 year old.. Not totally believable but as references of course..

A famous PD, Dr Harvey Karp classified the todds into 3 types.. Easy, Shy & Spirited (Strong-willed)
Not sure which category describes your child? Take this test.. Go to an uncrowded mall, release your child's hand, and pretend to turn your back for 2 seconds. (Keep close watch out of the corner of your eye). What does he do? Stand there? (Easy) Grab your shirt and cry? (Shy) Run away without looking back? (Spirited)

Yup, Jared is under the Spirited category.. He will just rush ahead whenever I released his hand..

Everything about him is more, more, more..
*more active (they run farther, jump higher, and spin longer)
*more impatient (they hate taking turns or waiting)
*more impulsive (they're easily distracted and accident-prone. J has lotsa blue black on his legs)
*more defiant (they run to the curb, look back at you.. then dash out)
*more rigid (they get so upset, they keep crying even after getting what they want)
*more intense (they get very glad, very sad and very mad!)
* more sensitive (their feelings are easily hurt)

Man, Dr Harvey Karp is my idol! I'm gonna continue to read now, I need to know how to deal with J mann.. Sorry if my updates are late! Hahahahhaa...! (laughing hysterically)

I'm a little mad myself liao.. @_@
ps: Any advices from you peeps will be greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. Wahahaha! I love supernanny! Me and Andrew loved to watch it even before we had any plans of a little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad they don't show it nowadays.. So I've to catch on youtube. Thank god for Youtube! :P

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message! :D